Jean-Marc Desperrier wrote:
It doesn't seem their communication can be called anything but deceitful, and I'm seriously afraid mozilla.org must be very careful in order not to be seen as having endorsed it.

Rafael Ebron, Mozilla Foundation PR person, said by email:

"Hi Gerv,

We ran the release through dveditz and he didn't have any issues with it. We aren't endorsing XRamp in this press release, we're just saying 256-bit encryption is supported in Firefox. We do definitely need to be more sensitive with folks who we provide quotes to so we'll keep that in mind. Given dan's review though, we felt this was safe.

-Rafael"

(Quoted with permission.)

Gerv