I was wondering if anyone had this problem before.

It seems that JSS 3.4 (and new versions) does not support all Cipher
algorithms (like RC4) that are needed for SSL connection server-client
handshake and key exchange processes. I get a NoClassDefFoundError when
trying to connect to a SSL server (when RC4 cipher is used) using the
Mozilla JSS provider as the default.

Now, when I set the first provider in the java.security file like this:

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun
security.provider.2=org.mozilla.jss.JSSProvider

The handshake completes, but of course the problem is that because I
use JSS specific signatures and algorithms, the SUN provider kicks in
and because signatures classes are not compatible I get an
IllegalArgumentException.

Any ides on how to make JSS go thru the SSL connection? Is there a way
to use one provider for the connection and then change it?