From: Richard Megginson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 15 September 2005 12:08 AM
To: Liu, MingHui
Subject: Re: status of LDAP SDK for Java (or any other)

Liu, MingHui wrote:

>I have the same question in my mind? Our product uses the java library, but I
>have found bugs recently...
>It seems nobody is working on it for a while. I would be very happy if someone
>could help and continue to support it.

It's used in all of the Sun/iPlanet/Netscape (and now Red Hat) server
products.  It works quite well and is fairly stable, so we haven't done
much work on it lately.  However, we would certainly welcome
contributions.  If you have code/patches to contribute, please create a
bugzilla.mozilla.org account.  Then you can create bugs/enhancement
requests and attach your code to the bug reports.

If you would like to help contribute to documentation, we should
probably start using the wiki - http://wiki.mozilla.org/ - I don't think
there are any LDAP related pages there yet.