Gervase Markham wrote:

> > http://moz.zope.org/contribute/writing/roadmap/v3
>
> Isn't this also a bad URI? It should be:
>
> http://moz.zope.org/contribute/writing/roadmap/

I agree.

> which goes to the current one. Previous versions should ideally
> be retrieved from the version control system (Ha!) or have URLs
> of the form http://moz.zope.org/contribute/writing/roadmap/v3
> as suggested.

Previous versions of the same document should be handled with a
version control system, not with version urls. Unless you're
tracking changes, you won't want an old version of the document.

However, if we add a *new* roadmap later, then the different
roadmaps should each have their own url, named by date, the same
way the current mozilla.org roadmaps are organized.

Zope actually does keep track of changes on a line-by-line basis;
it can diff any two versions of a given document. I don't think
you can request an old version, though--at least, not yet.

~fantasai