Axel Hecht wrote:

As you mentioned it somewhere down the thread, what should the relation between devmo and xulplanet be?

Link always, try to get docs hosted well in any case. We are not a portal -- we don't mind if people follow a link off to another site, so long as it's a great site like xulplanet.org. I'm mainly concerned about server load at first. Later, the lack of localizations and coherence (indexing) will start to hurt. So ultimately, I'd like to see DevMo host the essential XUL docs, and even some non-essential ones.

As you indicated translations, should they happen on the same site, if ever? Should we try to be ready to get them in now?

That's why I proposed, in shameless imitation of msdn except for the name, a Worldwide item on the link toolbar. That would lead to an index page of links to various localizations.

Should the localizations be hosted at developer.mozilla.org? I think so, for the same reason we want to "stand alone" if necessary for XUL docs. That does mean we need assistant editors who speak various languages and can help the editor-in-chief run a tight ship across many localizations.

/be