Hi,

I want to write a simple command line app (I know this is probably overkill and I could probably spoof a legit browser using libwww or simple sockets but I actually want to use this to learn about XPCOM
etc...) to check my balance at banking.wellsfargo.com using the XPCOM.
In otherwords I want to establish a session to that URL, enter the form
user id and password and then navigate to the page and then parse the page. Can anyone give me pointers or a simple outline of what I'd need to do to set this up. Another idea would be to use this same type of thing to make an automatic stock purchase without going online.....
Any help would be appreciated or if this is not the list for this type of question any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bradley