Greetings,

We're creating an application that uses embedded Mozilla and have a concern about running it off of a read-only volume. From everything I've read, it appears that if compreg.dat and xpti.dat are read-only, Mozilla simply will not write to them and proceed as normal. For our case, there should be no reason to update those files (we have a pretty "fixed" installation of Mozilla), but I just wanted to verify that things will run smoothly if these files are read-only. Along similar lines, under normal circumstances, if these files are not there they will get created - what will happen if they can't be created?

Thanks for any info,
Jeff