Vitaly Kuvaev wrote:
Hi,

I'm embedding Gecko and making my app's GUI entirely in XUL. I'm now stumbled upon this problem: is there a way to display JPEG (bitmap, etc) images that only exist in memory and are not represented by files on a file system?

Two first ideas from the top of my head are: 1. to dynamically add images to window chrome somehow and access them using "chrome://" URL (is it at all possible?); 2. implement my own "memory" protocol handler and access images using "memory://" URL (an overkill?).

What format are your images in memory? I don't think that dynamically adding them to chrome: will work (chrome is mainly a redirectly mechanism).

The idea of a protocol handler sounds more promising, but how would you represent an in-memory structure as a textual URI?

--BDS