Window 2000 using Visual Studio 2003 and C++

Let me see if I can explain this.
I've got a pretty basic skeleton embedded browser and it seems to work okay browsing to various pages. I next tried to install the Macromedia Flash plugin. When I click on the file to download, the box that asks if I want to "open it with" or "Save it to disk" pops up. I tell it to save it to disk. Then the default download manager comes up and it shows the file "install_flash_player.exe" has successfully downloaded. I then click on "Launch File" and it gives me the warning about executable files...I click the "Don't ask me again." and then click the "OK" button. Nothing happens after that. I checked the about:plugins page and it does not show it installed. Another thing I noticed is that if I install it via the XPI package (http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#Flash), it tells me a web site is wanting to install "flashplayer-win.xpi". I click install on the default chrome that comes up and again, nothing happens. If I open up firefox and install the XPI package through that, it installs and I can use the flash plug-in in my embedded app. So, what am I missing here? I'm guessing it has something to do with nsIWebBrowserChrome::DestroyBrowserWindow () as that is what is called when you click the buttons on the popup modal windows. In the DestoryBrowserWindow () function I Destroy () the nsIBaseWindow of the nsIWebBrowser then I DestroyWindow () on my HWND. Pretty straight forward.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Niky Williams