Niky Williams wrote:
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
The code looks ok to me. What does the output look like if you run with memory leak logging (in a debug build; set XPCOM_MEM_LEAK_LOG to a filename of your choice in the environment before starting up). When you quit, are there objects related to this stuff in the leak log?

-Boris

Ooohhhh, I didn't know about XPCOM_MEM_LEAK_LOG env var, I'll have to give that a shot! I redid that function differently...I got the nsIBoxObject from the nsIDOMNSDocument::GetBoxObjectFor () and was able to get X, Y, Width and Height that way and then modify as needed. Anyways, it's been running for about 7 min now with no abnormalities that I can see. I'm predicting I'll need to use that other method sooner or later to get other properties, so I'll do as you suggested and see if anything odd pops up. I'm still very curious about why it was causing issues. Much thanks for taking the time to look over my code!

Niky Williams

Boris,
I only had a release version of the code, pre 1.5, so I DL'ed 1.5 and recompiled with debugging info turned on. I ran the FireFox.exe it produced and when I closed it, there were some "leaks" reported in the text file. Is this normal for a FF build? Maybe some objects were released on program close that the leak utility didn't account for? I was expecting the leak log to be blank to be perfectly honest. This is the first time I've played with this tool, so I don't know too much about it, so forgive my ignorance. I can paste in the log if you like...I was hoping you or someone could clear this up? I haven't run my app with this yet, wanted to get a feel for the log itself with FF. BTW, I meant to mention that I'm building this on a Win 2K machine FWIW. Thanks!

Niky Williams