Martin Poirier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 07 Mar 2002:

> I don't understand what happenned to my PC then, it was smooth and
> all of a sudden jerky as hell... well maybe it's time to re-format
> again ;)
>
> Fabrice BONNY wrote:
>>>Can someone (preferably with Win98 and a recent mozilla build) go
>>>to http://pages.infinit.net/wcg/dhtml/duplex.html and tell me if
>>>the performance is smooth. I feel something changed in my PC and
>>>but
>>
>> can't
>>
>>>find what. Maybe someone with programming knowledge could also
>>>check
>>
>> the
>>
>>>source and try to find the problem. I really don't understand why
>>>it
>>
>> was
>>
>>>running so smooth and all of a sudden it sucks all CPU cycles,
>>>especially with all I did to get rid of the problem.
>>

>> It's smoother on Mozilla 0.9.8 than IE 6 for me (Win98).
>>
>> --
>> to be continued
>>
>> Fabrice

While sitting here looking at it, it is using less than 1% CPU time.  I
know this because System Idle Process is using 99%.  Switching to Moz,
or moving other windows over top of it and stuff, that makes it freeze
for a few seconds and CPU usage spikes to around 50% for a few seconds.
By comparison, IE has a constant 40% - 45% CPU usage on the same page

--
AIM: FlyersR1 9
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]