"Neil M." wrote:

> Christian Biesinger wrote:
> > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
> >
> >> If that's the case why can't live connect be used in Mozilla so that
> >> Communicator plugins can be used?
> >

> > As a matter of fact, I have wondered this as well.
>
> Live connect can't be used with plugins because it required a
> non-standard extension to the Java runtime engine.  Now that you can
> plug any JRE in, they no longer have control over the code, thus they
> can't use that method anymore.
>
> (I'm pretty sure about this but it's possible I'm wrong)

This a question now:

I thought Live connect was a form of Javascript code and had nothing to
do with Java. Is that correct?

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm>
<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm>