Bamm Gabriana wrote:
>> What is that you find so annoying about the spinning arrow?
>
> Personally, I find it annoying to read while there is motion closeby.

Ah right. I can relate to that. Although the spining arrow doesn't
bother me I can't use 60Hz monitors as they appear to be flashing like a
strobe light to me, although many co-workers sit in front of them all day.

> But that may just be me. I also get annoyed by Windows flashing
> the taskbar icon when an IE page has fully loaded so I click on
> it and go back to the window I was reading.
>
> If the rotating arrow is meant to differentiate between loading
> and done, I guess the bold title can do that. Although I just
> realized Garth's idea was not what I thought it was. :(

Yes, that would be just as good. As long as there is /some/ visual feedback.

--
"I would rather gnaw my leg off, pack the bleeding stump with salt,
  and run in a circle on broken glass than have to deal with any

Anti-spam e-mail address, change _AT_, sorry for the inconvenience