Garth Wallace wrote:

> Werner Purrer wrote:
>
>> Thats my native language, German, believe me you don´t want to learn
>> that unless you have ten years too much in your life...

In can second that. Human languages are a clusy thing evolving out of
our shortcomings that doesn't really do the job too well. Much ambiguity
and even less logical. A pain to learn.
If you want to learn a new and different language, learn Java. ;-P

>> Japanese must be easier to grasp I guess.
>
> I beg to differ. At least German's vocabulary is somewhat related to
> that of English.

Yes. From my POV (not sure, if that is the historically correct
evolution), the English volcabulary is a mix between German and French.

I read somewhere no the web: "English (and German) are not Latin-based; they're
Germanic, not Romance."