Hi all,

We're thinking about developing a new scheme / pluggable protocol for use in
browsers. We are only interested in the Windows OS, but would like to
support IE, Firefox and other browsers if possible. We can add a pluggable
protocol to Windows / IE using Asynchronous Pluggable Protocols:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/networking/pluggable/overview/overview.asp

1. Is it possible to configure Mozilla to just pickup & use this existing
Windows protocol handler?

2. If not, and I have to write a new protocol handler for Mozilla, what is
the current best method for doing so? Most web references seem fairly old
and incomplete. Is this Javascript technique currently valid
(http://www.nexgenmedia.net/docs/protocol/)?

3. What is the purpose of the network.protocols.useSystemDefaults
configuration option in Mozilla (I can't seem to find any doc on this)?

Thanks, Nathan