On 04/09/05 14:20, yamaha wrote:
I am trying to get Thunderbird to reset my password.
I have 3 accounts in win2k (logins) 2 of the 3 have a TB account ( and unique names). ( both logins fail)

I read TB FAQ, TB KB,  and a million post in Usenet (groups)
No solutions work for me , including , install and reinstall.
I even killed the folders ,to no avail.

Inclucing Tools + options + saved passwords, rest master password.
the view passwords box is EMPTY.

This setup works on my home computer but not here on my Girlfriends win2k PC.
I click  Get email and it goes out to my server before asking for the password
I never set REMEMBER PW = true ,ever.
It acts all the world like it set Autologin PW = true by itself.

It was all working before and killed it self with out any help.
I am testing with the zone alarm OFF , just incase it is blocking ports.

Anyone know of a way to manually reset all the passwords.

Thanks for any help at all.

Hog.

I'm not sure if this will work, but there is a file in your profile folder that stores all passwords. It's name is just seven random characters, and it ends in ".s". You could try renaming it to something like "1234567.s.old". If Thunderbird can't find the file, it won't be able to use the passwords stored in it.