On Sunday 19 June 2005 16:51, Amir Herzberg wrote:
> Hi, I noted that Citibank changed their login form at
> http://CitiBank.com. It now points you at the site:

I followed the above to this:
http://CitiBank.com/us/index.htm
then clicked on "* sign on" to get to this:
https://web.da-us.citibank.com/

I also tried the "sign on" and it took me to
the same place.

How did you get to here:

> https://cib.ibanking-services.com/cib/login.jsp?FIORG=775&FIFID=125106986&id=1449852460
>
> Ignore the parameters... notice the domain, ibanking-services.com! And
> whois reveals it belongs to Metavante Corporation...  The SSL
> certificate also belongs to Metavante (and signed by RSA).
>
> Well, this site is protected by SSL, but not with the correct ownership
> (citibank/citigroup)... I guess I should add it to the Hall of Shame...
> Granted, most web users, using current UI, will not notice this at all,
> but I think it is clear that the bank should allow careful users (e.g.
> using TrustBar or checking manually) to identify that the site belongs
> to citibank.

Maybe you've been phished ;-)

> BTW, citicards.com still works Ok, as well as
> http://www.citibank.com/us/index.htm...

Yes that looks right!

iang
--
Advances in Financial Cryptography, Issue 1:
   https://www.financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/000458.html