Thanks again for all of your help Duane. I'm going to go do some more
research on this. I can't use any of the technologies that you use due to
our in-house development standards and practices - no open source, so no
PHP, no OpenSSL, etc. I also need to better understand the root cert
technologies at a lower level.

"Duane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Is that going to work under IIS?
>
> I use php, but there should be no reason it won't, although the MS key
signing apps might not handle DER format so you'll may have to do
conversions with OpenSSL or just use OpenSSL directly etc...

> Alternatively you could use the organisational stuff we offer, which can
easily be automated, have a look at a proof of concept app I did in PHP-GTK
to interface between Gemplus crypto hardware cards and the CAcert.org
website for ideas...