Neil wrote:
James Ross wrote:

whether the code should be able to *read* the value is another question, but I suspect there is some long and silly history about allowing that

Maybe make it so that the page can only read the value if it was chosen via the filepicker?

Why, if I know the correct path to a file I want to upload, I will NOT expect it to create an error for me if I try to type in the path to the file in the text-box. Invoking an enumerator for any directory on my system is much more "costly" (processor/HD use) than simply entering in a known path.

~Justin Wood (Callek)