Hi all,

I'm trying to write a Firefox extension that adds an extra property to the "window" object that Web pages' scripts have access to. As you know, currently, scripts in Web pages can access such objects as

        window
        window.document
        window.navigator
        window.netscape

I'd like to add my own property onto this window object that all Web pages' scripts can access

        window.foo

I will provide the implementation of foo as necessary. I'm hoping that someone here can tell me how to do this. I've tried a number of methods (such as overloading the <browser> XBL binding), but I don't see how to do this cleanly from within an extension.

(The major issue is probably security, hence, my posting here.)

Many thanks in advance!

David