Quoting Thomas Orgis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from Mon, 15 Jan 2007
19:37:34 +0100):

> Am Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:10:43 +0100
> schrieb Ruckert Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> mpg123, however, is
>> not very good at resyncing. So once the player looses track
>> most likely the whole rest of the file is skipped.
>
> This may be true for the decoder version in lame, but I just feel urged
> to say that the stand-alone mpg123 has improved somewhat in that
> respect.

> The lame mpglib based decoder is based on code that was taken from
> mpg123 before the pre0.59s (IMHO).
> Generally, the mpglib package needs fixing -- merging improvements that
> happened in the console application mpg123.
> Can you check if the standalone mpg123 (0.63 and pre0.59s) can play
> your files correctly? If so, it should be just a matter of some work to
> get the newer mpg123 code into mpglib.

> I (the main mpg123 maintainer) have sincere plans to do this mpglib
> update from which in turn lame could re-include code, but it would take
> me some months to find the time to do it alone (thesis work).

In the LAME CVS we have "HIP", which is a merge of some newer mpglib
code with what we have in LAME currently. The mpglib code in LAME is
changed in some parts to suit our needs. I don't know more, you need
to consult the CVS history if you want to know more.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
If you think before you speak the other guy gets his joke in first.