Thanks for that info.  It is interesting.  I have tried lowering the
sample rate, upping the bitrate, and changing to VBR, all with great
results.  Unfortunately, the customer we are working with has hard
client requirements and isn't able to budge.

-Stevo Brock
  Head of Development
  Monkey Tools
  www.monkey-tools.com