Hallo,

First excuse me if I'm using the developers' forum instead of a user forum
but I couldn't find such. Let me know if such exists.

So my problem is encoding from stdin. I tried 3.98 compiled by myself
(linux) and one precompiled for windows (tried in wine). The encoder has no
issues taking the input from s file. but when I try feeding it through stdin
it fails with
Warning: corrupt or unsupported WAVE format
Wine failed with return code 1

Actually what I do is have a windows program run through wine writing to a
pipe. And I try to record directly to mp3 instead of first have the wav
done, then encode.

mkfifo test.fifo
wine program writes to test.fifo
(wine or linux native binary) lame --abr 48 -mm - test.mp3 < test.fifo
Warning: corrupt or unsupported WAVE format
Wine failed with return code 1

I tried to cat test.fifo > test.wav then it is happily encoded by lame...

$ file test.wav
test.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono
11025 Hz

So really I believe the issue is lame feed with input on stdin and not file.
Just to add I compiled lame with --with-fileio=lame

Thanks in advance for the help!