Dear administor and users of MPB,

An error occured when I configured MPB after installing all the required
packages (blas, lapack, fftw, guile, hdf5, libctl). I also tried using the
command './configure --with-lapack=dir' but still could not solve the
problem. The version of lapack is 3.2.2 and the compiler is gfortran. I
added blaslib into lib definition in makefile (I have also installed BLAS
package seperately but I don't think this would matter. ) Thanks for
your help!

cji

Following is the configure information:

[r...@localhost mpb-1.4.2]# ./configure
--with-lapack=/usr/local/lib/liblapack.a
checking for vendor f77 to be used instead of g77...
checking for f77... f77
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether f77 accepts -g... yes
checking for vendor cc to be used instead of gcc...
checking for cc... cc
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking how to get verbose linking output from f77... -v
checking for Fortran 77 libraries...  -L/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../.. -lfrtbegin -lg2c -lm -lgcc_s
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore,
extra underscore
checking for fftw in -ldfftw... no
checking for fftw in -lfftw... yes
checking for sgemm_... no
checking for ATL_xerbla in -latlas... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... yes
checking for dgemm_ in -ldgemm... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcxml... no
checking for sgemm_ in -ldxml... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lscs... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lcomplib.sgimath... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for sgemm_ in -lessl... no
checking for sgemm_ in -lblas... (cached) yes
checking for cheev_ in /usr/local/lib/liblapack.a... no
checking for cheev_... no
checking for cheev_ in -llapack... no
checking for cheev_ in -llapack_rs6k... no
configure: error: LAPACK was not found!
[r...@localhost mpb-1.4.2]#