Hello,

I'm trying to output the em fields without the bloch phase. I didn't find any function that does that already (perhaps I missed it but I would still want to know how to write my own functions) so I wrote the following function

(define (output-nonbloch-efield-x which-band)
    (get-efield which-band)
    (cvector-field-nonbloch! cur-field)
    (output-field-to-file -1 (string-append (get-filename-prefix) "e."))
)

my problem currently is with outputting the result to file with the name of my choise, instead of having its name starting with "v." (for general vector)

I so the use of output-field-to-file in another thread (http://www.mail-archive.com/mpb-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg00387.html) but I can't figure out how to use it here

also, if you think this function won't do the job it supposed to - i.e. (cvector-field-nonbloch! cur-field) is not the right line to use, I'll be glad to know

any help will be received gladly

Walla! Mail - Get your free unlimited mail today