You should probably try with: (define-param supercell-y 9)
You will obtain the linear defect as below

o....
o....
o....
o....
x....
o....
o....
o....
o....

when you command your unix with :
unix% h5topng -S 3 epsilon.h5
unix% mpb-data -r -m 1 -n 32 epsilon.h5
unix% h5ls epsilon.h5
unix% h5topng epsilon.h5:data-new

So if you want the structure that show below:

oooo....
oooo....
oooo....
oooo....
xxxx....
oooo....
oooo....
oooo....
oooo....

you just can change the command  from the mpb-data -r -m 1 -n 32 epsilon.h5 to
mpb-data -r -m 3 -n 32 epsilon.h5.

>Dear friend,
>I think you have a mistake in  the supercell-y parameter. Your supercell
>width is 3 so MPB ensures a Bloch periodicity using a supercell composed by
>only three holes in y direction. You should probably try with:
>(define-param supercell-y 10)
> i'm waiting for hear from you.

Mr.Amorntep Wichasirikul
M.Eng ( Computer and Electrical Engineering ) student Degree.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering,
Thammasat University, Klong Luang, Pathumthani, 12120, THAILAND.
Mobiles :  +66(0)86 736  2320
Email : sans...@hotmail.com