Hi all,

I am trying to install MPB onto a Mac running OS10.6.6. So far, Fink has helped
me install all of the packages except libctl. I keep running into this error:
checking for guile... guile
checking for guile-config... guile-config
checking if linking to guile works... no
configure: error: Guile could not be found

Fink put the Guile library into an unconventional folder (/sw/bin) but I did
the environment changes:
export LDFLAGS "-L/sw/lib"
export CPPFLAGS "-I/sw/include"

I've also checked the PATH:
echo $PATH
/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11R6/bin

Any thoughts as to why Guile isn't working? guile --version tells me:
Guile 1.4
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

Thanks so much,
Jane