I had to manually modify the link line to add "-framework vecLib". Possibly also had to modify the underscore name mangling... Basically you need to link in the Blas/Lapack implementations in vecLib since it's not picked up by the configure script. You could add it to LDFLAGS in configure, but I never have confidence that will work.

-victor