On Apr 9, 2014, at 5:46 AM, Nikola Dordevic <n...@zurich.ibm.com> wrote:
> I downloaded fresh MEEP(1.2.1) and MPB(1.5) releases and successfully
> installed both of then.
>

> However, when I tried to use make (eigenmode-source) in MEEP, I got an error
> that I should configure/build MEEP with MPB.
>
> Can someone please tell me how is it supposed to be done?
>

> In release notes I saw that MPB now installs as library, which is true (I
> checked in /usr/local/lib), but I cannot use eigenmode-source nevertheless.

When you configured Meep, there should have been some output like:

checking mpb.h usability... yes
checking mpb.h presence... yes
checking for mpb.h... yes
checking for maxwell_target_operator1 in -lmpb... yes

Maybe you installed them in the wrong order?  You need to configure and install
Meep after configuring and installing MPB, in order for Meep to detect that MPB
is there.