Hello,
As non-developer reply: tags are extracted from the tagged music files (id3
fro mp3, ogg tags for vorbis or flac, etc...). If you just want to add
tags, just edit your music files with a tag editor and then update mpd's
database throug your mpd client. If you want to add tag __types__, then you
should first look at what kind of type you can manage with the standards
tag formats, such as ID3v2, OGG, and so on, as each container has its own
tag storage format and some has more or less power of expression regarding
humans. Hope this helps toward a direction...
- Ben