From: Max Kellermann [mailto:max.kellerm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 4:07 PM
To: may.p...@sotm-audio.com
Cc: s...@sotm-audio.com; mpd-devel@musicpd.org
Subject: Re: Request for GPL source code of sMS-200_20170717-V0.4.0.zip

Thanks. Giving access to SRPMS is an good way to follow the GPL rules.

This is MPD 0.19.14, a branch that is long abandoned, and even within that
branch, it is an old release.  There have been 7 more bug-fix releases up to
0.19.21 with several rather critical bug fixes.  This means that your product
can be exploited remotely. That worries me.

Even if you had the latest 0.19.21, your product would not be secure, because
as I said this branch has been abandoned a year ago and has not received any
security updates.

The MPD project always maintains one stable branch with feature freeze,
receiving only bug fixes. That may be be the best choice for you. The current
stable branch already has all the "native DSD" features, and you don't need
this third-party patch anymore.

To avoid becoming part of the many IoT botnets these days, please consider
providing proper security updates to your customers.