Dear sir or madam,

I am contacting you because you are listed as a dealer on the Cary
Audio website.

There is something you should know about the DMS-500: the product is
based on a software for which I own the copyright (Music Player
Daemon).  The problem is that Cary Audio does not have a license for
my software; the DMS-500 ships with a pirated copy.

Here is the announcement on my website:

 https://www.musicpd.org/news/2018/02/gpl-violation-on-cary-audio-pms500/

And here is an email by Billy Wright, Cary Audio's CEO, admitting the
copyright violation:

 http://mailman.blarg.de/pipermail/mpd-devel/2018-February/000700.html

I'd like to make you aware of the issue, because each time you sell a
DMS-500, you are distributing an illegal copy of my software.  This
may make you liable for the damages caused by this copyright
violation.

Regards,
Max Kellermann