Hi Jean-Francois,

today, I came across your project due to a MPD bug report.

I'm sorry I have to tell you that your project is illegal.  You claim
that it is licensed under the terms of the GPL, but your code
repository ships with a C header from the proprietary Spotify API:

https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/code/ci/dcd37d30e1aa074b9ef205872e01e39a6079ee8d/tree/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/spotify/libspotify/api.h

Including this header from upmpdcli makes upmpdcli a "derived work" of
this proprietary library.  This however is what the GPL forbids,
unless the whole "derived work" is made available under the terms of
the GPL.

Since you own most of the copyright of upmpdcli, you obviously don't
violate your own copyright.  But there are more (minor) contributors,
whose copyright you have been violating.

And as a side effect, every redistribution of upmpdcli by others is
illegal.  It is impossible for anybody to contribute to your project.
Linux distributions are forbidden from shipping packages.

By the way, runtime linking to this library (using dlopen()) doesn't
protect you, just in case you were thinking about that.  This is just
a technical detail without legal implications.

Please remove all traces of proprietary code from your repository as
soon as possible.

Max