Hi all,

During the MPI Forum meeting today in Barcelona, we decided to re-activate and
update the MPI Chapter committees. We will need this for both the MPI 4.0
process as well as for a few cross-cutting tickets/issues (in particular in the
context of the big-count discussion) currently under discussion. The last time
we did this was for MPI 3.1 and the members of the committees are listed at:

https://www.mpi-forum.org/mpi-31/

Since this is quite old now, we need to make sure that everyone still wants to
be on the respective committees and has time to invest in them. Duties will be
to be responsive for chapter reviews as well as for the final MPI 4.0 review.
Note that this is distinct from the working groups, which focus on new things
to be added to the standard - chapter committees are responsible for quality
control and consistency.

I will contact the respective chairs personally to see who wants to continue -
as for regular memberships, though, let’s start with a blank slate. I started
with a new table at

https://www.mpi-forum.org/mpi-40/

If you would like to be on one of the committees and have the time to actively
participate, please let me know (no need to reply-all, just email me) and I
will add you.

Thanks!

Martin

—