On 30/01/2018 14:31, 'Bill Hart' via mpir-devel wrote:

[snip details]

In terms of work that needs to be done from a Windows perspective:

1. I have added two new functions to the MPIR API (as discussed
recently) and I need to offer documentation for these to be added to the
MPIR documentation.

2. Dima has suggested the use of a GIT sub-module to tidy up the Windows
build files by putting them in a single directory (msvc).  I have now
done most of the work needed to provide for this change but in doing so
I have found an issue in Visual Studio 2017 that may hold up the
release.  I have raised the issue with the Microsoft Visual Studio team
who are now investigating it.
I think I have added all Jen's Broadwell code to the Windows build but I
would appreciate a warning when new assembler code is added to MPIR so
that I can check this.