On 20/05/2020 17:40, 'Bill Hart' via mpir-devel wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Commit a960857c7d8e5ea7c4d4c2958e38ec52778d85d9  of the Flint
> repository [1] is now flint-2.6.0-alpha2
>
> This is the last chance for developers working on related projects to
> see if Flint works as expected for them, before we start asking end
> users/distributions to start testing.

I tested the release (that you announced recently) on Windows (with my
Visual Studio build) and all tests passed.

I can't test the new release immediately but I will hopefully be able to
check it within the next few days.

> We have made many modifications since alpha1, including:
>
> * removing all known memory leaks
> * fixing a bug in the integer gcd (leak, inefficiency, very slim
> chance of wrong answer)
> * properly supporting GMP-6.2
> * making matrices with zero rows/columns more robust
> * many other less important fixes (35 commits total)
> * fixing a bug/crash in the _f functions in the fmpz_mod_poly module
>
> We don't foresee the need for any further alpha releases, (assuming no
> major issues are found). The next release will likely either be a beta
> or release candidate. Please note the only important things that
> remain to be done as far as we know are documentation/paperwork
> related [2].

The Visual Studio build documentation is out of date and we now have the
CMake build on Windows that needs documentation.

I am happy to provide an update of the Visual Studio build documentation
but I can't help with CMake.