Ken stole my thunder on this one.
The impression I got from local government was camp coldwater/spring
wasn't worth 2 cents. The mayor was not a supporter of the spring
whatsoever.
With that being said, better late than never. I could rail against these
people as long as the grass grows and the rivers run. But I won't. Let's
be honest about the spring and not only the underground flow, but the
run off from the road which is as much a concern for me as well. Let's
keep this water drinkable!
I have been told that the people of Mpls were directed to go to the
spring in 1978 for water, as the city was having an interruption in
supply.
So indeed this is not only a historic resource but a future resource we
should take good care of.
It's too bad that a Burr Oak Savannah wasn't considered such an
important resource to this city. chop chop
It's too bad seven well built homes weren't considered such an important
resource to this city in the midst of an affordable housing shortage.
Not to mention all the houses that were taken for this road to
hell....I  mean the Fall of America, there's a place to run for your
life.

joe's comin' in dfl,

Robert Yorga
new3