Just got done reading Linda Picone's SW Journal Opinion piece which talks
about the quality of life here in our beautiful city.  She talks about the
E-group and our dialogue regarding Java Noire.

It was fun seeing folks again, always quite an array of characters we are.
Thanks to Barbara Nelson for organizing and it was very cool to be at
Stevens Square.

And Fantasia 2000 was very cool as were some of the breezes which descended
with the bugs on to the park.  Thanks to Stevens Square organization for
this type of community building activity.

And we didn't have a 6th Ward debate with five of the six candidate's in
our midst but I tell you some of the 6th Ward residents should sponsor a
Foodfest with food cooked by the candidate's; so far Jonathan Palmer wins
with great grilled chicken wings and ribs and the sauce was divine.  As I
was the only person from the 6th ward there it will not have a great impact
on garnering votes (at least not tonight). But in the International Village
of the 6th ward it makes sense that we "eat" our way to the table downtown.

Before the movie there were a few announcements and we did a moment of
silence "hoping to save the NRP."  All in all it was another great night in
the heart and soul of the city.

Annie Young
www.annieyoung.org
Ward 6 - East Phillips in Minneapolis
Citywide at-large Park Board Commissioner
Green Party endorsed for re-election in 2001