"Cooper, Bob" wrote:

> To date, by my quick calculation, approximately 8% of NRP funds (slightly
> more than $18 million) has gone to Minneapolis Public Schools.  This does
> not include those NRP funds that have gone to other (non-MPS) youth
> programs, projects or activities.

So this means that 92% or $207 million of NRP funds did not go to the
MPS.  This seems like a substantial amount of funding that could help the
schools out of their budget crisis.

One way or another 8% does not justify the expenditure of $207 million
on other projects of questionable value when the consequence is an inferior
education for our children.

Michael Atherton
Prospect Park