Walt Cygan wrote:

> 2) Anything that provides less time for K-3 children to work in a social
> setting, anything that focuses their attention on a screen rather than a
> face is counterproductive. This is an intuitive argument, but it seems
> to me that small children need human contact not machine interfaces.

Ah, intuition. :-)  If my intuition were better I might be able to pick
winning lottery numbers.  We should be careful not to lean to
heavily on intuitive arguments.  What comes "naturally" has failed in the
MPS.  I think that it's time that we try "science."  Just why is it
that less social time is "counterproductive?"

Michael Atherton
Prospect Park