It was my suggestion and efforts to hold 'Benefit Boogie' in the
Old Fire House on the West Bank, 1975.  We got Willie Murphy and Bees to
play for free and took in $1100.00.  But then a local neighborhood mugwug
just took the money and walked, I never heard a thing of where it went or
what was done with it.  I sure would never be involved with something like
that again.
        With all the disappearing money from neighborhood groups, I think
any kind of 'fund raising' gambling deals should be shy'd away from totally.
         James Jacobsen // Whittier