Glancing at population figures is interesting and raises many further questions.
What was the city budget in 1920? What was the median household income? What
services were provided by the city in 1920 vs. today? What was the unemployment
rate in 1920? What was the public school enrollment? Voter turnout?

If we want to compare our situation today in regards to city spending, with 80
years ago, we need to look at more than just population. Here's one more factor
to consider. The value of today's Minneapolis dollar is equivalent to a shiny
dime in 1920. (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Consumer Price Index -
http://www.bls.gov/cpi/ )

Conor Donnelly
Waitepark 1-2