Wizard's right, I AM lucky to live on the same block as Aftercare.  Let
me add my commendations to James Walker and Aftercare, Inc!  I live
between 4 houses owned by Aftercare, Inc.  For those that think
half-way houses ruin neighborhoods, you should INVITE this program in!
In 5 years of living here, I have never had one problem or one concern
about them.

I know from historical research and my own experience that this program
has improved the neighborhood.  I know that they keep watch and keep
the dealers out.  It's a very good program!

On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 10:04 AM, WizardMarks wrote:

> Craig Miller wrote:
>
>> Intelligent insight.  Hope opinion making like this doesn't get very
>> far in
>> the genetic pool of the Mpls/DFL/Activist species.
>>

> Schmidt is lucky in one way. Aftercare, Inc. is on his block. Every
> man jack of 'em is an ex-junkie learning how to have a life without '
> being in the life.' They set a powerful example of how to go about
> making that change.
> The paradigm shift has to be away from the stupid and unsuccessful war
> on drugs and toward the recapture of the basic humanity of the > junkies.
> I'm really counting on the African American Men's Project for taking
> the leadership in this struggle. That appears to be their intention.
>
> WizardMarks, Central

Robert Schmid
Central Neighborhood
Candidate for Hennepin Soil & Water Board, District 2
Green Party Endorsed
http://www.raptor.net/~rschmid