Good Afternoon List,

People have become dependent on NRP, and why they have makes sense given its
daily presence in our lives for years.  However, one must now think outside
of the same box that created NRP (whether they want to or not), and come to
some conclusions as to how they could exist without it.  That will be a
tough one, but once that gigantic feat is accomplished, then you can
re-entertain the idea of it on a much smaller funding scale.

As hopefully, much better organized (or at least more aware communities),
you can decide what type of currently funded services/activities can be done
by community volunteers choosing to pool their human resources.  This
sharing of ideals, time, selves, etc., may even cross neighborhood
boundaries.  If people can band together to save NRP, what they are doing is
banding together to save themselves.  So start doing it in spite of NRP.  "I
think, therefore I am."  The neighborhoods came before NRP; continue to
exist now.  If NRP, in whatever its new incarnation, will still never be
enough.  So lower your expectations on it, and raise them of yourselves.
IMHO, this is what (Earl Craig) NRP was supposed to do anyway.  Help us as
neighborhood residents "rise to the occasion."

If there is one thing we should all have learned by now is that GOVERNMENT
and TIME waits for no one.  We are headed to fight Bush's war; the nation is
in economic decline in other places besides the City of Minneapolis and its
81 neighborhoods; our children's education is in great peril; our universal
mental and physical health system has one foot in the grave....

The clock of mankind is ticking, and the nations are rising up.  Our
husbands, wives, sons, daughters, friends, and significant others are being
asked to put on their marching boots and to say goodbye to life as we know
it.

September 11th was our 9-1-1 EMERGENCY WAKE UP CALL.  Did we hear it, and
pay attention, or did we let it begin our own war?  People need to work
together now to get through this deficit in human capital if we have any
hope of surviving with the least amount of casualties on our own home front.

Pamela Taylor
(In the trenches of Tampa, waging peace not war)