Some good points have been raised about the "benefits"
of a connected politician vs. a business person.

For what it's worth, I tend to value individual
accomplishment far more than "connectedness" (is that
a word?).  It's true, connections can help get things
done, but depending on who owes whom favors, they can
also prevent the right decisions from being made.  On
the other hand, to survive in the business world
(especially as a minority) is to understand how to get
things done on one's own merit, and is a demonstration
of creativity and tenacity, all qualities I admire.

It's nice that Olin Moore may have helped Sabo create
jobs by spending my tax dollars, but I'm more
impressed with people who work long hours and invest
their own cash to create jobs.

I'm tired of the political elite pushing projects on
us to benefit their friends (connections); it's time
to roll up our sleeves and come up with some new ideas
and paradigms.

David Piehl
Central