Sums-up my feelings pretty well Jonathan.  Apparently, even though we live in a city that is made-up of what 22% African American, the DFL still chooses to place a much higher priority on being politically correct (in hiring a union printer) than it does on furthering the cause of job creation for disadvantaged minorities.  One has to wonder whose priorities are out of line.

I am white, yet it hit me right between the eyes when someone once said to me "the reason change comes so hard, is because the people in power have yet to realize that they don't have to give-up their piece of the pie to allow the others their fair share".

Is it possible that Don's campaign has "dissed" no one?  Instead maybe he has chosen to make a statement of what he views as an equally important issue?  The lack of employment opportunities available to disadvantaged minorities.

I personally find it interesting that Don, most likely because he IS African American, is being 'taken to task" on the issues of being both politically correct and doing the right thing in supporting job opportunities for minorities, yet Olin is not.

I could care less if Don were an alien with seven toes and fingers on each hand and foot.  I'd still vote for him because he's willing to do the right thing and take a stand on a very tough (and apparently) unpopular issue.

For me to be able to get behind an effort to censor Don for his stance on the correctness of  hiring a minority would, in my opinion, be hypocritical.

Dennis Plante

Jordan