In a message dated 2/6/03 11:36:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

>  A whole set of 6 dozen or so souvenir postcards of various lynchings is
>  online at
>  http://www.journale.com/withoutsanctuary/
>
>  Tim Bonham, Ward 12, Standish-Ericsson

Keith says; This lynching was a despicable hate crime, gleefully committed. I
am glad it was grimly and graphically documented. Anyone looking at it on
display should suffer; and learn. But all in fair measure in viewing this
terribly unfair act.

 Should a vast number of our Minn. youth be required by their school boards
curriculum to visit Mpls.and see this exhibit? I say yes. Can both the
curator/presenter of this exhibit, Leola Seals, and the Hennepin County host,
Mike Opat, learn from their apparent clash? Can they use their energy, thus
generated, to maximize the learning experience for our State's youths, and
adults? I believe they can.

For Leola Seals, I say that yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. And
your thousand-and-one efforts to assemble this gem, and bring this exhibit
forward, is beyond simple commendation. I salute you. I only ask, would
making this picture the same size as all others; and an additional thousand
words teach even more lessons? Especially if some reluctant readers were
willing to read the thousand words after viewing the picture?

For Mike Opat, I say that yes, the nuts and bolts job of managing the
Government Center must seem more, or less, thankless, on any given day. Yet
you still show up and take responsibility, and make decisions, most every
day. I believe you helped facilitate the exhibition. I believe you were then
moved, after hearing, and feeling, the concerns of others, to quickly respond
and take reasonable mitigating action. Perhaps you then expected to amicably,
and positively, facilitate modest adjustment of the exhibit; to teach a
little more, and shock a little less.

I humbly offer that I know and respect both of you. I know of excellent work
done by each of you for the common good. I anticipate that two sincere
individuals will reach an accord, for the sake of the common good, and this
wonderful, vital exhibit. I know they can; I hope they will.

Keith Reitman  NearNorth

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.