Hello Minneapolis Folks:

I was very impressed with 3rd Ward Council Member Don
Samuels inaugural speech. I found his speech bold and
inspirational. Giving me a clear insight into his
strong ethical and moral beliefs in the role of city
government should play. This portion of the speech was
one of my favorites.

CM: Samuels, "The Third Ward is America. It is all
America wants to be. But it suffers from vestiges of
all the old America was. Our worst enemy is not a
mustachioed Arab. Our enemy is our own internal
divisiveness. Our enemy is our loss of hope for the
children of our community. Our enemy is the atrophy of
surrender to decay. Our enemy is the misconception
that all cops are abusive or that all young black men
are criminals. Our enemy is acceptance of mediocre
results to our demands for livability."

Thank you Council Member Don Samuels for giving such a
wonderful speech.

Respectfully,

Ken Bradley Corcoran Neighborhood

http://shopping.yahoo.com

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.