In a message dated 11/13/03 5:42:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 The selection of Lucy Gerold makes the Jennings credentials look spectacular
 in comparison.  Will people actually list Gerold's background and
 credentials for this position?

 Education?
 Years as a police officer?
 Years as a street cop? Riding a car or walking a beat after training, not a
 desk!
 Accomplishments as a police officer?

Keith says; Lucy Gerold gained a position of authority and public trust,
commanding the CCP/SAFE unit during the bad old days of the former DFL Junta.
Paper work instead of police work was the operative plan. Attack, do not assist,
property owners; was the marching orders. Lucy Gerold was a willing executioner
of those bad City policies; the bones are still in the vacant lots. Still
there; even with the overlay of new housing starts, above.

That was then; this is now. And now is a very perilous time. Dangerous for
all stake holders in our City.

I, like Jim, would like to know Lucy Gerold's qualifications, background, and
practical experience. I already know how well she handled the dirty little
assault on property owners in the "Zones".

I recommend Tim Dolan, 4th Precinct, for Chief. He has earned it, over and
over

Keith Reitman   NearNorth

PS- Will Gerold campaign on our City's Dime, or her own time?