If the question is "In which neighborhood do we house dangerous essentially unsupervised sexual predators?",  maybe that's the wrong question.  Why should any neighborhood be the "right" one for such a danger?  And again, distributing those same offenders all across the state really isn't a better answer than concentrating many such offenders in a few neighborhoods unless you believe that it takes two or more offenders to cause harm - clearly it doesn't - or you think that putting more communities at risk better.

This morning's Strib editorial makes an important point:  sexual predators who have not already murdered would not qualify for a death penalty. Unfortunately, prepetrators of this sort do tend to continue to offend and to escalate in the violence of their crimes.  No community, its women, children and vulnerable people, should be put in harm's way of such a serious known danger, in my opinion.  How do we change our laws on sentencing and releasing such perpetrators so that they truly never have access again to their prey,  that seems to me to be a better question?

Ann Berget
Mother of two young adult daughters
Resident of Kingfield with a Level 3 offender living 4 blocks away